2015 Stonewall Century Ride Saturday, July 18
About the Ride
There will be no ride in 2014. Join us in 2015.
The Stonewall Century is a challenging road bike ride along one of Colorado's most beautiful scenic highways. We welcome you to come and enjoy some of the best road riding in Southern Colorado.
Can you make the grade?
- 102 miles
- +7500 ft elevation gain
- This is an out-and-back ride. Turn around wherever you like and head back to the party in the La Veta Town Park
- Start/end in La Veta Town Park
- Start time: 6:30 am - 8:30 am
- Ride along beautiful Colorado State Highway 12 to Segundo and back
- Registration fee covers 6 SAG stations (including a mid-ride lunch stop), mechanical assistance, a post-ride barbeque, t-shirt, door prizes, and more
- Click here for the Route And Profile map. Note, the route and profile are in pdf file format, which your can read using Acrobat Reader. (Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
Join us on July 18, and you'll be treated to scenic vistas, friendly volunteers, great feed stations, and steep hills. The route follows Highway 12, a Colorado Scenic Byway known as the "Highway of Legends". You'll start in La Veta at 7,013 ft elevation, climb to the top of Cucharas Pass (9,945 ft), descend to 8,400 ft then climb to the second feed station at North Lake (8,600 ft). The route descends to the beautiful town of Stonewall and on to the lunch stop in Segundo, where the route reverses and returns, climbing along Highway 12. You'll encounter the back side of Cucharas Pass, which some have called the "Soul Crusher" at 83 miles into the 102-mile ride. The grade on this beast exceeds 10%. Have no fear, the steepest section lasts only one mile and the grade lessens toward the top. Then you'll enjoy the 17-mile descent into La Veta, where a BBQ dinner, door prizes, live music, and massage tables await you in Town Park.
Early registration is $60 (postmarked before May 1). Standard registration is $65 (postmarked between May 1 and June 30). Late registration - June 30 through event day - is $75. This ride is a great value with lots of extras. You get a t-shirt, six SAG stops with food, water and sports drink (including a real lunch at the 51 mile turnaround), mechanical and SAG support, and a post-ride dinner. We are an all-volunteer effort so you are helping to raise money for our local non-profits who provide dozens of hardworking volunteers for the event. New in 2013 -No event jerseys this year, but we will have new, 2013 mugs from Pinon Hill Pottery at the event, and we also will have some nice prices on event jerseys from 2011 and 2012, as well as t-shirts from years past! Bring some extra $$ to help us clear our inventory and support our local nonprofits!